Mar 8, 2011

my name is amy. i'm pleased to meet you!


I have the privilege to make a home for my husband and homeschool with my four wonderful children. I am a self taught graphic artist and photographer. For years I taught preschool. I had been pursuing a degree in early childhood education when our first child was born. I still want to go back to school and finish that degree... but there are now a few other courses I would love to take as well! I have always been interested in photography and loved art. However, other interests always took precedence over photography and I just never found my artistic nitch.

The name Faith Fotos was carefully chosen for this business. My husband and I (along with many friends and family members) brainstormed several names. Faith Fotos kept coming up and was perfected by the cre8ive spelling of 'fotos'. Ours is a Christ centered home. He is the foundation and the rock we build our lives on. We work to instill that in our children and make it evident in our lives to others. God has taught us MUCH in our lives... more than I could begin to type here... Faith Fotos has been a delightful lesson about trust and His faithfulness.

Faith Fotos grew from my little point and shoot camera. Friends and family kept urging me to think about professional photography. I laughed at them. I stared fiddling with graphic art... more friends and family urged me to look into professional editing... I laughed more. I had no experience, no schooling, and no chance. One night I was talking with a friend about everything when she said, "Amy, sometimes God whispers. But sometimes, He SHOUTS." I had to admit then that God had been doing a bit of shouting at me... I just didn't want to listen. Every time I would try to push the calling away, I would be reminded of God's faithfulness. Either to me, or to friends, or from scripture... but there was always a reminder. During one of these "battles", a song spoke to me. Music is a powerful communicator to me... I have always felt music in the core of my very being. The song that was playing was called Moving on Faith by Jadon Lavik. The song says "Lord open the doors 'cause I'm moving on faith." From that day on, I prayed that several times a day. It was so encouraging to be reminded He would open the doors He wants. I didn't have to worry about if 'my' new business would succeed or not. If it did; great! If not, God is in control and has a reason for taking me down this road.

Every step of this journey has been a challenge for me. It is like standing on the edge of a cliff and taking one step at a time over a huge chasm. All I have to do is rely on God to step in and bridge the gap between talent and experience. He hasn't let me down.... ever. Every part of this adventure has been guided by God. Looking back, I see fingerprints of Gods hand everywhere. Opportunities that seemed run of the mill at the time. People I just *happened* to meet and build relationships. Things that didn't so much seem extraordinary at the time, have turned into more than I could ever have imagined on my own. All because of a little trust and willingness to blindly follow God where He was working.

Thank you, God for taking me through all the ups and downs in my life to draw me closer to you. I can never express my amazement and gratitude. I am in a constant state of awe over your love and mercy. Thank you for loving me so much and being so completely holy and good. For being bigger than anything mere man can ponder. Most of all, thank you for your enduring faithfulness.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you listened to God's shouts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, Tiffiny!!! I have loved watching your family grow! :D

    ReplyDelete